Friday, April 10, 2009

Purple Snot

I went to Holi: The Festival of Colors again this year in American Fork. There is something to be said for getting dirty... You start throwing the chalk after they symbolically burn a women (manekin) at the stake to somehow celebrate the coming of Spring.
Once everyone starts throwing the chalk, you can hardly breathe in the huge crowd. I think I had purple snot for over a week-I know your thinking gross but seriously who doesn't love snot that isn't green right?!


Mike and I. Ok seriously I couldn't get this stuff out of my clothes, nose, or hair.

Me and my bf Katie. See that pink on my scalp...ok it never came out. Its like once I tried to wash my hair, the pink decided to stick instead of wash out. I tried everything from washing my hair in baking soda amongst other things. Finally I was desperate so I called my friend Holly for an immediate hair session. Thankfully, I am now blonde again-but it was touch and go there for a while.
Pure Pandemonium and Pure Joy at Holi. We chanted Hara Krishna, Hara Krishna-oh the joy of celebrating other cultures. I love it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of... from the symbolic sacrificial burning of human flesh to chalk throwing. But hey, it looks like you had a blast, and seriously now, green snot is a bit boring!

Jessica said...

I know right? Any excuse to change up your body's natural green snot is a good one!

Jennifer said...

I remember hearing about this last year... or two years ago maybe! I never got to go but it looks SO fun! Miss you girl!

ashley said...

Hey there Blondie! How the heck are you!? I miss you! How is life!? I found your blog through Megan's and oh, the joy that entered my heart when I saw it was you!! Where are you these days?