Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm Addicted to Sudoku

Hi my name is Jessica and I am addicted to Sudoku. It’s crazy I know, but it’s true.
I was first introduced to Sudoku in college. It came in the Daily Universe (BYU’s newspaper). I would see my friends and other students rip the Sudoku section out of the paper and play it in class-secretively of course. I never knew what it was until a guy I worked with at BYU’s Lost and Found taught me how to play. I can’t say I was hooked right away…but before long I too was playing secretly in the back of class.
Now while I eat my breakfast (most important meal of the day!) I play Sudoku. I wish I could say that every morning while I eat breakfast I read the Deseret News (local newspaper) all the way through. But I can’t-I glance at the headlines, knowing that I’ll read more news at work. So I go immediately to the section with Sudoku. While I’m eating my bowl of Trail Mix, I search for the right number in the right box.
I seriously play Sudoku every day. On Monday, it’s an easy one, but it progressively gets harder as the week goes on. By Sunday it takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to finish just one Sudoku puzzle. Some may think it’s a waste of time, while others think that it’s a great way to get your brain working. I’m agreeing with the last because I need to tell myself I’m making myself smarter by playing Sudoku every morning.
For those of you who were like me, and don’t know what Sudoku is-you should download the Sudoku app for the iPhone. Then you can become addicted like me! I work at TopTenREVIEWS so of course I have a video on the app-check it out:

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I'm glad they put sudoku in the Daily Universe. It challenges my mind. Today I sat outside in the sun and worked on two. It was very relaxing!

ShaLyse Walker said...

you keep playing that sudoku! It prevents Alzheimers! ok, I just made that up...but I love playing it too. But I only play the beginners level on my phone. So funny. Where are you and how are you doing?